Wednesday 24 October 2012

Hooking the Reader Effectively

Hooks. How many times do you hear people ask the question - what's your hook?

Do you know what your hook is? How many hooks do you have, and how many do you need? Are they in the right places? And for that matter, what the hell is a hook anyway?

For answers to these questions and more, check out my guest post for Sherry Soule (@WriterSherry) here.
Not this kind of hook - although I suppose it might work!

If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to check out my previous posts if you haven't already. If you're finding yourself here often, you might as well join as a member, sign up to the blog through RSS or email, or sign up for the newsletter.

Don't forget to share the love and spread the word on Twitter, Facebook or StumbleUpon (or other social networking site of your choice) if you know other people who might also enjoy this.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Counsman said...

This was another informative post. I really love hooks where there is a change in POV. There are a few books that I am so hooked by the end of one POV section that I almost want to skip the next POV to see character's next thought but then I keep reading and I get drawn into that POV. When this happens, I usually give up on the idea of sleep and finish the book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Real Time Analytics